New Year, New (Home) Resolutions
The new year always serves as a catalyst for personal resolutions and goals: be healthy, save money, volunteer, get organized, etc. Essentially, the same objectives could be set for your home.
We’ve transformed Time magazine’s Top Ten Commonly Broken New Year’s Resolutions into the top list of what the resolute homeowner should accomplish in 2018 and beyond.
Don’t worry, you’ve got this!
1. Cut Your Energy Use = Lose Weight
2. Purify Indoor Air = Quit Smoking
3. Budget for Improvements = Get Out of Debt
4. Educate Yourself on Home Finances = Learn Something New
5. De-clutter = Get Organized
6. Support Your Community = Volunteer Your Time
7. Slash Your Water Use = Drink More Water
8. Share Home Improvement Projects = Spend More Time With the Family
9. Exercise Your DIY Skills = Get Fit
10. Use Maintenance-Free Materials = Be Less Stressed
Happy New Year! And please let me know if I can do anything in this New Year to help you make a move, get a home renovation going, organize your home, etc. I have a lot of resources and contacts for the “home” that I’m always happy to share!
Credited to Ebby Blog, written bay Alison Glander, January 1, 2018
-Heather Kinder Sims